Saturday, May 20, 2006

And It Begins

A couple of things lead me to starting this blog:

- My friend's blog shut down and my premedical entries weren't appreciated. (They wouldn't know good blogging if it hit them in the face)
- I've become addicted to the medical blog community.
- I need a place to rant about the pains of trying to get into medical school because I think my friends would stop speaking to me if I didn't stop bitching to them.

So, I guess I should explain the title a little bit since not everyone in the world watches House, M.D. (I mean I can't just go around assuming that everyone has the same impeccable taste in television as I do.) You see the character Gregory House is a doctor who specializes in Diagnostics, but the closest actual specialty would probably be IM, ID, or anything else that sees a wide variety of rare/hard to diagnosis diseases. House also happens to be on of the biggest, most arrogant assholes on the planet. He says whatever is on his mind regardless of whether it's PC/appropriate and does whatever he wants to his patients, such as breaking fingers without warning or permission, running tests that are never authorized and sending his lackeys on rampages through his patients' homes without their consent. He disregards ethics of any sort and shows no sign of belief in human altruism or goodness. The only thing that matters to House are the facts. The cold, black and white results. You may be asking yourself, "How does someone get away with this type of behavior in such a lawsuit infested field."

The answer: Because he always gets the job done, which no one else can.

Oh... He also happens to be addicted to painkillers due to his crippled right leg, but no one is perfect. (He's so damn close though)

This, my friends, is what I aspire to become. (Minus the addiction part) I want to be so good at what I do that no one can ever question me. Now, I seriously never expect to be as good as House, (That's like trying to be Jesus!) but I already have the asshole part dooown. I'm just kidding. I'm not that bad, but I definitely have my House tendencies.

One last thing - I want to be a D.O.
M.D.s are for suckas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, pretty nice site. And hey, it's not like you'll run into hosting problems where your account gets suspended for exceeding your disk space, right?

Anonymous said...

Ha! DO's are for suckas. He he. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I agree, House is great...and he's not THAT big an asshole...