Thursday, September 04, 2008

Employment

I accepted a job offer today. That's fairly exciting. It's a Medical Assistant position at a Dermatology practice, where they're very focused on teaching the assistants. w00t! It was pretty quick too. I applied through Craig's List some time last week. Got an interview scheduled on Tuesday, interviewed today, got an offer 2 hours later. Pretty sweet. An hour after that I found out that I didn't get a job at the local hospital. It's cool though cause I was going to withdraw my application from there today anyway. Sitting in a room with one other person all night watching a computer monitor probably wouldn't offer the same teaching experience. Granted, it did offer twice the pay...

This all went totally according to plan. I wanted to have a job lined up at the end of the summer, and start right after my trip to California, and that's exactly how it worked out. My new philosophy of throwing everything against the wall until something sticks is proving quite effective.

Two of my friends are really pissed with me because my job search lasted all of 17 days, and I applied to a total of 6 jobs. They've applied to many more than that. I've got nothing in terms of comforting them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats! Please write about the job and let us (all my personalities...ha, ha!...kidding) know how it is going and what they are teaching you about. Is emt class over yet?
take good care, i heart you!

tracy