Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter Break 2009!

I survived what is supposedly the hardest semester of PA school. Horrah! Not only did I survive, but I came out with a 3.85GPA! I'm doing so much better in grad school than college. I honestly think it's because all the tests are multiple choice. w00t!

Leading up to the break I made a long list of things I wanted to do over the break:

Get some dates on Match.com
Read on my Kindle (that I'll get on Christmas) in public places
Finish Level 2 of Spanish Rosetta Stone
Catch up on V and Flashforward
See Avatar, Up In the Air, Nine and Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
Sleep

I made quick work with the first one. I had a date planned within 3 days of joining. (And it was actually with my first choice!) And I know I said I wanted "some dates," but does it count that I have a second date planned with the same person after NYE? w00tw00t

I don't have a Kindle yet, but I have started reading Sherlock Holmes, which was the last book I attempted to read before PA school started.

Rosetta Stone is going to take time, but I've done it two nights in a row so far. I'm not going to be able to start it again until I'm back from visiting with my family.

I've watched the first 6 episodes of Flashforward, but that's really good considering the season has only had 10 episodes.

I saw Avatar today. My eyes took a little adjusting to the 3D, but it was entertaining overall. The story was pretty simple - Pocahontas meets Fern Gully, plus a splash of Jurassic Park.

You'll all be happy to know I'm back to my old ways of going to bed late, and waking up later.

It's good to be on break. I refuse to allow the fact that I'll be in my mid-20's once the next semester starts ruin it.

No comments: