Monday, May 10, 2010

Finals Syndrome

For the past month or so I've gained about 8lbs. The funny thing is I've started regularly working out during this time and have maintained my (snack free) diet. I've especially been noticing the inner-tube around my gut getting larger. My reaction has been WTF?!?!!

I have also recently come down with a sore throat. I would generally attributed this to a post-nasal drip 2˚ to allergies. But I've been really good with my Zyrtec and have had barely a sniffle. Again, WTF?!?!?

I have my Medicine final tomorrow. I'm really worried. I failed the Infectious Disease test and didn't do that hot on OB/GYN. I dedicated a full day to each of those topics, which leaves me with one day for Cardio, Neph/Uro, Neuro and Endo. The saddest thing about this is that I don't even feel remotely comfortable with ID or OBGYN. I'm stressed.

So I'm sitting here studying Endo and it dawns on me. This past month I've had a test every week. 4 finals last week. A case study that I had to remediate TWICE, among numerous other assignments due at the end of the semester. I've been stressed. Stress leads to increase cortisol. Increased cortisol inhibits the immune system and stimulates lipogenesis, especially abdominally.

FUCK FINALS!!!!!!

1 comment:

Morning-Rounds said...

Yea... PA school is rough, there is no doubt about it. But just remember, you aren't the first to go through this and make it out. There are about 75,000 practicing PAs out there right now... it's doable, no matter how much your brain and body will tell you, "This is IMPOSSIBLE!" Keep your head up and take it one thing at a time... as much as you can that is! :-)