Thursday, October 14, 2010

Passive Aggressive

Since being on rotations I seem to have developed a rather passive aggressive behavior. It's one that my faculty told me to adopt whilst being on rotations, but I almost feel it's getting out of hand. When ever a preceptor tells me something blatantly wrong I never correct them. I'll tell them what I think, but if they say I'm wrong I don't fight it at all. I mean this is overall a good thing I guess. It makes me seem non-confrontational, but shouldn't the right answer prevail? I don't have an issue continuing like this, but I feel like I'm getting borderline aggressive with this tactic. I'm actually getting a kick out of people telling me the wrong thing. Internally I know that I'm right and they're wrong. That's all that matters to me.

I know this sounds terribly arrogant, but trust me this isn't occurring a hundred times a day. It may only be 1 occurrence a day, if even. And it's not even always about medical facts. It might just be about how I heard the healthy miner's were getting brought up first, then followed by the more frail miners. People disagreed about it with me, but I had literally heard that on the morning news an hour earlier. But whatever. Should it even matter?

PS - I'm currently on Psych and I'm loving it. I also think I take to it exceptionally well. I really want a job offer from this site. I don't think it's going to happen though, but only because there isn't a job opening.

No comments: