Thursday, November 02, 2006

My First Meme

I don't despise meme's the same way some people do. I just ignore the ones I don't find entertaining. This one I do.

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.

5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!

Here's mine:

With my money and his cleverness, we could make the house talk of Paris.

I didn't answer right away. It took me more than a moment to realize that I could own a theatre just like that. Own it like the gems in the chest, or the clothes I wore, or the dollhouse I'd sent ot my nieces.
--The Vampire Lestat; Anne Rice

PS - does anyone know how to tab in blogger?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You blog with The Vampire Lestat sitting next to you?


ooooookay. Nothing wrong with blood fetishes, nope. You sure you wanna do diagnostics instead of surgery?

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo tempted by surgery, but I don't know if I would actually like surgery and then there is the whole thing about it being the hardest residency ever.

We'll see in a couple of years.

The reason it's on my desk is because I want it next to my bed and also becuase there is no place to put books in my room except on/in my desk.

Anonymous said...

Darn...I wish I'd had a cool book by me when I decided to blog... Now I just feel depressed :(

Anonymous said...

Because I love book memes so much. My book was "Finders Keepers" by Linnea Sinclair.

"What did he learn from you?"

The icicles moved from Trilby's mouth to her brain. Her thoughts seized up like a clogged sublight drive.

"I...I don't know."