Monday, September 10, 2007

Rainy Mondays Are the Best!!!

It's raining today. I woke up around 8:30AM, but my first class of the day isn't until 6:30PM. I have absolutely nothing planned but I couldn't fall back asleep.

I go on my computer for a little while not doing much of anything, as usual. All of a sudden I get a phone call from a very strange phone number. I have absolutely no idea who this could be. I pick it up and listen carefully to who it is because I have terrible listening comprehension when it comes to being on the phone. "Hi, this is H****** from *insert medical school here*"

Jesus Christ, that's actually one of the schools I applied to. How will I break it to them that they have the wrong person?

I have to be honest. As soon as I realized they were calling from a school I immediately thought, wow they really call people to tell them they're rejected - that's interesting.

So I'm basically just going to be giddy all day and make huge slashes in the puddles outside.

It was a really good thing I couldn't go back to sleep.
w00t!

[Edit: Addition] One more thing... 1. Someone reassure me that they don't request interviews just to reject people, 2. I need some good anti-nausea medication - that set in real fast

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I am so, so pleased for you! Now go and knock 'em dead.

When is your interview?

And let me be the first to assure you that they do NOT request interviews just to reject people. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice going.

Getting an interview request means that the school is interested in your stats and experiences on paper, and would now like to get to know you better as a person to see if you're a good "fit" for their program.

Congrats on making it this far!