Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Interview

Last night I sent my resume out to a job advertising for a medical assistant/surgical tech position. Generally I wouldn't consider myself qualified to be a surgical tech., since I don't even know what they do, but I fulfilled the requirements listed. It's the perfect job for me. They said it particularly well suited for people looking to expand their medical and surgical knowledge and skills. Considering that I want to be a surgical physician assistant I figured this was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. It also said that applicants should be good at reassuring patients before, during and after procedures. I'm good with patients, they like me, I can handle that. PLUS the practice is in my town.

I wasn't too hopeful about hearing back though, as I'm not professionally trained in anything related to surgery, or being a medical assistant at that. Also I generally get the feeling from this web site that jobs posted need to be filled sooner, rather than later. So I made it clear that I wasn't going to be available to work until after graduation, May 17.

Less then 12 hours later I received an e-mail asking if I was available to interview this upcoming Monday. OF COURSE I AM.

I'm assuming they actually looked at my resume and determined that I was indeed technically qualified and capable of performing the job. So I'm going to go into the interview with a positive attitude assuming that it's just them making sure that I'm not a nut case. Hopefully I can fool them.

The practice also looks very, very elite which is why I'm giving as little descriptive information as possible. But basically I have to look really well put together, and bring it.

No comments: