Thursday, October 08, 2009

Octobre, no es bueno.

This month we have 8 exams. 2 Pharmacology, 1 Pathophysiology, 1 Anatomy, 1 Clinical Micro, 1 Derm, 1 Heme/Onc, 1 HEENT.

I so far have taken the Derm/ANS Pharm test (98) and the HEENT practical (94).

The pharm test was easy for me, but I'm nervous about the next tests because they're more names and less concept.

The HEENT practical was pretty hilarious. My class-bffl and I happened to be partnered together. He was a nervous mess. He introduced himself as a "Physician Student Assistant..... Student." Couple this with the fact that he's from the Dominican Republic and has learned English over the course of the past 4-5 years. He did a good job. The only problem was that he was having crazy coughing fits. He didn't cough all day except for this. It was kind of funny how many times he had to stop to cough. But the thing that got my professor literally bending over laughing was when he was doing the otoscopic exam on me and just started coughing all over my face. She also was the fear in my eyes when he was checking my throat. Why not guarantee I get the Spanish Influenza and cough right into my throat! It was also really funny how high he jumped and how loud he yelled when he was racking his brain for the thing he missed. "THE SINUSES!!!!!"

I think I took the cake though. I went through my practical and at the end I asked how much time I had left. She told me 15 minutes, half the total amount of time. I MUST have forgotten something huge. I had never gone through the examination that fast. I went through all my motions and couldn't figure it out. I don't know how it dawned on me, but I remembered. In a state of shock and embarrassment I said aloud, "O-M-G, I didn't take vitals." My friend and professor both gave the biggest sighs of relief once I said that.

Today I took the Anatomy test. That was not good. The written part I think I did fine (read as: passing) because I knew AT LEAST half the answers and the rest I was able to get down to two possible answers. I'm assuming I follow the laws of probability.

The practical on the other hand. God who knows. I'm just hoping for passing. Thank god they made this class pass/fail.

No comments: