Monday, January 18, 2010

Blogging Therapy

One of my PA-S friends suggested that I go on vacation with him and his husband over spring break. My obvious hesitation is being the third wheel. I've expressed these concerns but he assures me that after being together 6+ years they don't get all cutesy in public and that I'm not going to feel like a third wheel. I still have my hesitations.

These hesitations were confirmed last night when I went out with them. As any normal couple does after a few drinks they were all upon each other. It was okay last night because there was a fourth person (who they were trying to set me up with), but I wouldn't be able to handle it alone. It wouldn't even be that it's awkward, it's more depressing for me than anything.

I don't know how deeply into my personal life I want to get on my blog, but I'll quickly share my latest match.com story. Over break I went on 3 dates with this guy and things seemed to be going okay. My only problem was that I initiated EVERYTHING. Granted he went along with anything I suggested. I'm a very good conversationalist, but I was struggling by the 3rd date. So the day after the third date I just said "hi" to him online and decided I was tired of always being the pursuer and that I was going to leave it up to him to show any kind of initiative. Haven't heard from him since. This doesn't bother me that much because it's not like I was head-over-heels for this guy. I just wish he could have at least taken the initiative to say, "thanks but I'm not feeling it." I don't like being taken for a ride.

So now I'm hypersensitive about my single life. I don't like being like this. It completely goes against the personality I thought I had. (Being House-ish) I've definitely been losing this personality more and more lately. Blaaaahhhh. It's because all my friends in school are very emotional, and touchy-feely with each other, and overall really nice people. They're rubbing off on me. Bahh humbug. This will teach me to spend my entire weekend being surrounded by my close friends who are in relationships.

No comments: