Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I just had a really funny moment. I had commented on The Underwear Drawer about what the role of a Physician Assistant was. You know, a professional one with a high level of training. One where there actually is a certain degree of autonomy, regardless of what the title implies.

An anesthesiologist (not the author) commented back that a PA is "no where close to being a physician and never will be." I literally laughed out loud at that. It's just such an obviously moronic comment. This is a typical example of someone who thinks that just because he went to medical school only he knows all the magic words. Guess what pal, patients are coming into office speaking accurate medical-ese. You do not have to go to medical school in order to be intelligent in a subject. In fact, I bet there are people who have gone to medical school that are totally moronic about what they're supposedly an expert of.

I think someone is a little bitter that they're never really the head of the OR, and never will be. It's okay, he can trounce on the mid-levelers all he wants. It's not going to stop me from getting a job and being happy. It will however make his life harder having a few less people willing to help him out. I hope someone points out to him that he's not the puppet master. There are no orders he can write that I have to carry out.

Humility shows wisdom.
Karma's a bitch.

No comments: