Friday, August 04, 2006

Messing With Emotions

My college has been messing with my emotions big time lately.

First, I was very giddy because the registrar processed my summer physics class very quickly. Last year it took them over 2 months after the semester started to get my calc class process. But this year I wanted to have these extra credits so that I was higher on the priority list for parking. I had little hope that the class would be processed before the parking registration, but they did!!! I now have a thimble’s worth of faith in the registrar.
Status: Happy with school!

Remember not too far back I posted about how happy I was that my triple got broken down back into double that it's suppose to be. Well, since I don't trust housing for a second I've still been checking my housing assignment on a regular basis. Guess what? THEY PUT A NEW PERSON IN MY ROOM!!! Not only did they re-buildup my room, but it's with a transfer student who's going to be a sophomore. Transfer students aren't even guaranteed housing so why do they have to go back on the promise they made to me?!? (Sidenote: I looked up the kid on facebook and he actually doesn't look like that bad of a guy. Don't confuse this anger towards housing as hostility towards the kid.)
Status: Pissed off with school

Background info: I was signed up for a Music in Film class which was on Thursday nights. I later realized that I somehow signed up for the class with the really bad professor. I don't know how that happened. Must have been momentary insanity or something. I was then going to switch out of that class into a Human Nutrition class, which was schedule for the same time.

The other day I was looking up the schedule for the MCAT Kaplan class I'm going to take this year. I then realized that it met on Tuesday and Thursday nights and I wasn't going to be able to take Human Nutrition. (sadface) So today I was looking online for a class to take in place of it. I knew that there wasn't any class that I was going to be interested in because as we all know I have OCD with scheduling classes, and already knew about every class offered this semester. After giving up in finding a class that would fulfill a requirement and interest me I took a look at my current schedule. LE GASP! MY MUSIC CLASS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO A DOEABLE TIME! I was very confused by this because I've never heard of the registrar just switch the day and time of a class. So I checked out the class info to make sure everything else was the same, but there was another major change... I'M NOW SIGNED UP WITH THE GOOD PROFESSOR!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY
Status: Very, very happy with the registrar. I'm sure that they pissed other people off when they did this though.

I still have the issue of how I'm going to watch CSI and Grey's Anatomy this semester. (Conflicts with the Kaplan course sometimes) First off, I don't know how I'm going to choose between my two loves. CSI was the first show that I ever got really addicted to and can be blamed as the cause of my TV addiction. Grey's Anatomy on the hand has become my new favorite show. I don't know how I'll decide what to watch live. Actually, I'm lying. I know that I'm going to watch Grey's Anatomy. Lately I've been getting a little tired of CSI, but I'll still manage to watch the new episodes every week.

Now I just have to figure out how I'll tape Grey's Anatomy on the night I have class. I don't really trust my roommate to tape it because he's pretty retarded when it comes to recording things. I could just trust my friend Steph to tape the show for me since she's going to be missing it too. But I never trust other people to do things for me. TiVo was always an idea in my head. And I reeeeally reeeeally want TiVo, but I don't think it's going to work with my school's internet network. (PS – the TiVo website sucks at answering my questions)

So I did a little research online. Non-Tivo DVRs are really expensive. Our cable provider doesn't offer a FauxVo service. Then I stumbled across a program that acts exactly like TiVo except on your computer. Then I found the piece of hardware that connects your TV cable to your computer. It was probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Combining my precious Mac with TV, genius. Again, it was a little pricey, but much more affordable than a DVR and with many, many more features. I'm currently bidding for the program in question on eBay and so far I'm the only bidder! (If any of you go behind my back and bid on this I will kill you faster than saying, "HOUSING SUCKS!")

Note: I’m really sorry that I don’t blog about more medically centered topics. I wish I could but I just don’t have that much medicine in my life yet. There should be a post soon about the specialty I’ve decided to focus on. And then soon after that we’ll have comments about how I don’t know what specialty I want at this stage of the game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Eventually the school will pass from your life, and you'll be blogging about other things! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I don't know how people watch television without Tivo. Everyone who has stayed with me for more than a weekend has broken down and bought one - if for nothing more than fast forwarding through commercials. It even has a great feature if you have two shows that play at the same night and time it will switch to the other show once the first one goes to reruns - that way you'll never miss an episode (you'll just have to wait). Poke around campus and see who has a Tivo and how they set it up. Check with the CompSci majors first. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll look around. But if this computer thing works then I won't need it.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I love how u give all the details of your life due consideration and arrive at a logical conclusion.