Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Womp Womp

Tonight didn't exactly go my way.

Presidential pick, lost.
House of Rep., lost.
Arizona Gay Rights, lost.
Florida Gay Rights, lost
Arkansas Gay Rights, lost.

Prop 8 results are coming in at a snail's pace. I can't take it anymore and will be retiring to bed, so to awake to it tomorrow morning.

I hope Obama is actually able to bring the two parties together to actually make some decisions, as opposed to this Congress we've had that has accomplished nothing the past few years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, you win brownie points for supporting gay rights...but really? mccain? now don't get me wrong, i am totally an conservative when it comes to money, but i decided that when it comes to the war, abortion, stem cell research, and gay rights, the democrats have more things right than they have wrong. so i might be poorer, but at least i feel like i can rest easier that i didn't vote a party into office that was 100% anti-gay! what gives?

Anonymous said...

Well my number one priority was the economy, which I agreed/trusted McCain with more. I also was never worried that he was ever going to pursue overturning Roe v. Wade, but that doesn't mean a totally agree with abortion. My views are neither Pro-Life, nor Pro-Choice and would require a separate post to explain.

As for Gay Rights, McCain was all about sending it to the States to decide and I'm cool with that. Obama didn't overwhelm me with his support for Gay Rights. Probably didn't want to piss off those 70% of African Americans who hate the gays.

I'm deadly afraid of socialized healthcare, and socialized ANYTHING.

So yeah I had my reasons.