Thursday, January 22, 2009

Waiting Game

A friend of mine who goes to the school I interviewed at told me she heard within 2 weeks of her interview. For all intents of purposes Friday would mark 2 weeks, assuming they don't give responses over the weekend. I'm also assuming they come over e-mail. The school said that it could be up to 4 weeks, but I believe they say that to all interviewees, and I'm fairly sure I was the last day of interviews, soooo I think this is further support that the response will come soon. Also, PA programs I think work closer to a non-rolling admission process, meaning they might send out acceptance letters twice per cycle, as opposed to every two weeks like medschools. This gives me hope that there are plenty of spot open.

I've also been doing some more snooping online and there seems to be a lot of negative feedback about the school. This might turn some people away from the program, but I'm not normal. I'm desperate. This news makes me ecstatic. This gives me hope that if I get waitlisted, then I still have a good shot at getting in.

This school's decision actually affects two other totally unrelated parts of my life. One being my health insurance. My parents currently pay for my health insurance and probably only allow it because it's a cheap plan. It's cheap because we pay 20% of everything. Sucks. I don't go to the doctor because of this. I would take the insurance at my job, but if I took that then I would lose the good rate that I currently have. So in the case that I had to leave my job for some reason I wouldn't get that good rate back.

If I do get into PA school, then I assume I would end up taking whatever insurance plan they offer. This would then give me the security I need to ditch my current plan, and take my job's plan. I could then do things like get my annual physical, get some specialty blood work done for hair loss at my job, get my eyes checked out (I think I'm developing night vision problems), etc.

Getting into this school would also give me some comfort in my love life. I'm currently using an online dating site (not match, and I'm also not thrilled with it), but I am "in talks" with someone. I would like to know that I'm going to school in the city that he lives in so that any future is a little more feasible, because as it is now the distance could be a problem. Commuting into the city he lives in on a daily basis would be helpful. I'm really not trying to get ahead of myself, I'm just thinking that getting into this school would also help that pursuit.

Tick tock.

No comments: