Thursday, July 01, 2010

SAVE ACCUTANE!!!!

Today we were learning about adolescent medicine. This is the only type of primary care I could ever practice. I don't have the bubbliness to get babies to like me and I don't have the patience for the bullshit adults come in with. But I get teenagers, I respect them, and they like me back. I also feel for them cause I had plenty of their same issues growing up.

There is a new advertisement on TV that attacks Accutane making claims that it gives your Chrone's disease. I challenge those lawyers to show me the evidence based medicine behind that. Accutane is a MIRACLE drug. This is no exaggeration. Cystic acne is a horrible, life scarring condition. I had it and treated it late. My face shows the damage. I've worked in dermatology. I know there is NOTHING the touches the results Accutane produces. The only lasting side effect I have from Accutane is dry lips. I'll fucking take it. My aunt and uncle went on Accutane 30 years ago. They're perfectly healthy. My uncle has even donated part of his liver. THAT'S HOW HEALTHY HIS LIVER WAS AFTERWARDS.

Anyone who's reading this, I ask you not only to have a positive view on Accutane, but advocate for it to stay on the market.

No comments: