Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Hate Basketball

So, today my friend and I decided to be productive with our lives and make some money by doing chores around my grandma's house, specifically the pool.

To begin our day we traveled to the Home Depot to pick up the necessary tools for our project.
- 6 gallons of weed killer
- 52 bricks
- 9 (60 lbs.) bags of sand

Let me tell you, my 4-cylinder car looooooved that idea.

The first thing we did was spray the walk way with the weed spray. That wasn't too hard. We got a little nervous once the bricks turned blue though.... But that turned out to be okay.

Then the fun started. Leveling and replacing lots and lots of bricks! The leveling part at the beginning went okay. It's kind of annoying, but what you going to do. We then moved on to replacing bricks that were pretty weathered down. I imagine that this should have gone smoothly had we bought bricks that were the same size as the original ones... Since a good number had gone in smoothly we were a little stubborn to the idea that others were just not fitting. This led to us chipping away at the new bricks with a crowbar, stomping on the new bricks with feet, hammers, ends of brooms, etc. and of course yelling at the bricks to, "GO INTO YOUR HOME!!!!!!!!!" We ended up admitting defeat to the new bricks and will be buying more bricks tomorrow, which hopefully will fit better. Oh yeah, and the sand we bought had lots is nice little pebbles in it that don't fit between the cracks.

Note to self: never trust yourself to buy homecare supplies ever again.
God I'm afraid to own a house one day.

Oh, one more thing. I completely predicted the season finale of 24 last night. Now if only Jack would die.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, Jack Bauer will never die.