Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I Know What I'm Doing In 2038

<--- Yes, it's true. I don't really care for them that much, but I do appreciate that they gave rise to the likes of Kelly Clarkson.

So, today I did what I do best, planned for the future!!!! I sometimes think that I suffer from some kind of OCD when it comes to planning things. Today I started thinking about what short-term abroad studies I might want to do next year. Hmmm, Greece or Italy? Now that's not too bad. But today I also started thinking about what residency programs I might want to do. Actually, that's a lie. I was thinking about what fellowship programs I might want to do.... I know, I know. Infectious disease? or will I just see HIV patients all day? Yes I'm aware that I haven't even taken orgo yet, but I've already done all my researching for D.O. school. Gotta keep moving along.

In all fairness though this obsession does come in very handy. Had I not been so overly on top of things then I probably would have never gotten myself out of my dorm, registered for my internship, watched all 10 of the TV shows I followed this season (God I need a life) or been able to pull this summer off. (If this summer does get the best of me it WILL NOT be from a lack of planning. It will more likely have something to do with the Physics professor from India that I have, the closing shifts at work or numerous shadowings I have in the works.) And if I wasn't a little crazy then I doubt I would be seeing X-Men 3 Thursday night because frankly my friends are fairly useless at things like this. I'm the organizer, the gatherer, mover and shaker. (The personality test said so!)

I also enjoy figuring out my schedule every semester and updating my four-year plan accordingly. I’m not even kidding. I guarantee that I could be a better advisor than most of the ones in my school in any field, just give me 15 minutes with the course requirements. I’ve also had a number of teachers give me a weird look when I ask for a LoR and tell them that the due date isn’t until March 1, 2007. But some of them then commend me on getting an early start. Med school applications don’t have shit on me. I guess if the whole med school thing doesn’t work out I could just be some famous person’s manager.

If it's a girl: Abby
If it's a boy: NOT Michael, I'm a little more creative than that. Damn it I just had a good one the other day. Jacob, Ethan, Josh and Job stick out. I'm not Jewish but I do like a number of Hebrew names. I seem to also have a thing for J's...

Tomorrow I replace bricks with bricks that fit. It'll be like Christmas all over again! Then I'm tutoring chem. I hate chem. Grrrrrrrr... why can't I find people who are failing bio?

PS - I got two random commenters!!!! I thought it would be months before I saw those. Maybe I'll look into getting a hit counter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, except the bricks didn't fit

Anonymous said...

I recommend Statcounter. The free version.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy re-revamping my 4 year plan as well ... I'm not an over organizer but I do love school calendars. I wanna be Dr. House too ... but I'm gonna do that by getting an M.D. and marrying Hugh Laurie ;)