Saturday, July 22, 2006

Let the Summer Begin

It's official. I dropped Physics. That's drop, not withdrawal, which means that med schools will never know about this class. Unless, one of you out there decide to tell them about my struggle with this class. But you guys are my pals. Except the damn frenchman. ::glares::

I don't know what I'm going to do with all of my free time. Probably do a lot of sleeping. Mmm, sleeeeep.

I'm also going to look around to do some more shadowing, hopefully a DO in a primary care field. I want to see what all the complaing is about. Unfortunaly the DO who I have might sights aimed for I've heard is not a social butterfly. Not like he's a mean guy or something, he's just not much of a talker. I'll just have to work my charm, again.

In other news, I also found out that my dorm room was broken down from a triple to a double. Let me explain.

April, 2006: Room Selection Day

My roommate and I were on line to select our room for next year. Ahead of us were a group of guys from the cross country team. They told us that they were going to choose to live in the same housing area that we were going to choose (8 person townhouse) and told us they would have an extra room to live in, if we so choose. Since my roommate is teammates with them and we know they're good guys we decided to live with them. The only problem was that the room that was left was a "build up." A build up is a room where they put one extra person into it temporary and then move the person out of it into another dorm when rooms open up. This year though housing once again had too many people requesting housing so the chances of an extra room opening up was looking slim. The guy who was suppose to room with us looked like the complete opposite of me and my roommate. Basically he looked like a big partying/working out/don't give a shit about school guido. And I'm an expert in facebook judging so it must have been true. All summer I've been checking our housing assignments online and today he was finally taken out of our room! Can I get an AMEN?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how little of the science stuff is front and center in practice; so don't sweat the physics thing. And a suggestion: if you want a really good shadowing experience, find a general surgeon. Of course, you'll need to find one like me, who's not an a@@hole. Might take a little time, so start early.

Anonymous said...

So he moved out? Just think of all the blog fodder he could have given you! You could have regaled us with stories of out of control keg parties, half naked cheerleaders, and alcohol poisoning! Although, that probably would have conflicted with your plans of getting more sleep.