Friday, April 06, 2007

Is Science the Same Everywhere?

I'm looking at some year long graduate programs in London and some look exactly what I want, but there is a problem. I'm deathly intimidated by the idea of taking graduate level courses in the UK. I feel like all Britons are naturally superior to me in every way. I afraid that I'll show up to an immuno class and have no idea what any of them are talking about on multiple levels.
1. They'll be talking about things of which I have no concept.
2. The accents. I couldn't even understand "Take away?"
3. Anything I say/write won't be understood because I'll format everything in the American way.

Are these even legitimate concerns?
Does an average American undergraduate education match up to a British undergraduate?
You can be brutally honest because I already think the British are way better than us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in a word, no.