Saturday, January 12, 2008

Start of Semester Stress

While passed out after surgery I got this e-mail from my advisor:

Dr. W,

I was not able to send your name to *Hospital* for an internship as we are
required to give priority to students trying to meet the 3 credit
requirement for the BIMS (Biomedical Science) major.

Sorry.

Dr. Anchient
1. I am a Biomedical Science major.
2. I have only completed 2 of the 3 required internship credits.
3. This is my last semester.

I e-mailed him back pointing out the obvious like my major and the fact I didn't sign up for this internship electively. Does he think I have nothing better to do with my time than to sign up for internships. Honestly, this man has proven to be so useless to me over the past 4 years. He never gives me advice about my schedule, he never tries to help me figure out what I'm doing with the rest of my life, but he obsesses over everyone else's life. Strike that, he obsesses over all of the girls' lives. All the guys hate him cause he totally ignores us. We'll see how this one plays out. If he gives a junior an internship spot over me, then I'm going to the dean, which won't accomplish anything because I think my advisor is retiring next year anyway. Evidently he has decided that 43 years of teaching at the same place is enough. Too bad I got him in the years he lost his mind.

No comments: