Saturday, January 26, 2008

Trying to Get Hawt

I'm not sure when this happened but all of a sudden I became 6'4'' and 210lbs. The height part wasn't the surprise. Forever, even during the early college years, I was about 185lbs - I think...

I've been now exercising for about 7 months - not that intensely - and I haven't seen any real changes in my weight. I think I have put on more muscle than I had before, but lately in pictures I see a gut and double chin. WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!

I think one thing that might have happened was that I did put on muscle, but somehow never burned any fat.
This could be because I still had a very high carb diet - especially loads and loads of sugar from orange juice - , which kept my insulin levels up, which we all know suppresses the break down of fat.

I have since decided to try the Atkins diet for a couple of weeks. I'm going to see how low I can bring my weight and then gradually move back to my former diet and see if I can maintain my status.

I've been on it for a couple of days and I already see weight loss. It's pretty neat. I'm pretty sure I'm still getting enough calories per day, and not just being anorexic. I'm also monitoring my body fat %, which when this all started was about 16-17%. Gross...

I'll keep you updated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try the ab's diet. You can get it at any local book store.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I have checked that one out. I might give that a try once I lose the "dramatic" weight with atkins. God knows I can't keep up this ONLY MEAT, EGGS AND WATER diet for that much longer.

Anonymous said...

or go to Guatemala, drink the water, get a parasite, and presto - 50lbs will fall off in no time!

Anonymous said...

Don't do Atkins for too long -- while running on so little carbohydrate, your brain can only break down protein for glucose (because the CNS cannot use energy derived from lipids) so you'll start losing that muscle that you've built up, and you're also releasing a whole bunch of harmful ketones into your blood stream...

Plus, all that protein is pretty hard on your kidneys and liver!