Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Insult to Injury

Damages to the person's car that I hit = $700
Rental car for 4 days (when it's only being used 3) = $300

1. Why for the love of God do they need to rent a mid-sized SUV. Fine, that's the car that I damaged, I'll ASSUME that they need that size car for work. Cause chiropractors have big things to move back and forth to their practice... Yeah, that's right. I Googled you. I know where you live and work.

2. If one more person gives me the advice, "You should probably stop getting into accidents," I'm likely to committed homicide. Honestly people, you act like I have a coke addiction and I ask this to happen to me. I commit ONE accident that involves damages to someone else's car and all of a sudden I'm WISHING this upon myself. If that's all you can possibly say to me, then save it.

I can't wait for this to be over. (So I can just have something else happen)

[Edit: addition]

Up until now my brother and I have been sharing a car. We got one to share his senior year of HS (my sophomore year of college). The main reason we got it was because my brother was a pain in the ass and would refuse to take the bus to school, and always had to get picked up after sports. Then during the school year of my junior and senior I would use it and during breaks and summers he would use it.

There have always been issues with us and sharing the car. There have always been issues between us period. We're very, very different people and just don't get along in general. Sharing a car was the worst thing to ever happen to us.

Now that I'm graduating and will need the car full time it was decided to get my brother a car. When we got the first car I was given the option of a standard Toyota Highlander, or standard Subaru something. I only fit in the Highlander, so that was it. I love my car. My brother never liked it, because he somehow comes from a very different lifestyle than me. He shits on economical Japanese cars. Whereas, I shit on cars that are not at all dependable or economical.

When it came to him getting a car it wasn't a matter of him picking between two already approved cars by the parental unit. He was looking at Volvos, Volkswagon, and other luxury SUVs. He just got some fully loaded Mercury Mountaineer with more gadgets than all of my family's cars combined. Granted, my car adds nothing to that.

Am I spoiled? Absolutely. Is he spoiled? Absolutely. But was this fair? I think not. You want to know how he got the better deal? Because he's the one that bitches, moans, pleads, bargains, etc. with my parents. I never asked for a car. I was offered one and bit at the chance.

I didn't drive that car for a year. And it was offered to us 3 weeks before I went back to school, after an entire summer of biking to work. But the option of us getting the car was brought up months earlier. We only got it once threat of my parents driving my brother to school came closer to reality.

Meanwhile, my brother is the one who keeps getting moving violations raising our insurance premium, and I'm too afraid to bring my accident to light because of what may happen to our insurance premiums, thus leaving me bearing the brunt of my actions. Whereas, he gets off free.

What does this teach us? The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Okay, I'm sorry. I know I was being a little spoiled bitch right there. I just really hate cars right now. And there are just so many more issues between me and my brother and how we're treated differently that I had to rant.

No comments: