Friday, May 15, 2009

15 Days

I only have 15 days of work left. I've been the moodiest bitch in the world lately. I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm sure it's because I'm almost done at this place. The shit that I use to put up with so well, I can no longer stand. I also have just not been as on top of my game as I usually am. I forget to get simple things ready when seeing patients, my notes are lack luster. It's just all going down hill.

The entire office knows how many days left I have. This is mainly due to the fact that announce it many times throughout the day. Many people are upset about this. I too am upset that I'm not going to see these people every day. I like all of my co-workers and everyone seems to like me. I'm the jokester of the office and make everyone laugh. But I'm not going to miss my role in the office at all. I feel like there are always a million different people asking me to do stuff. The front desk is asking me to answer patient questions, office manager is always on our ass about doing things faster (although she's gotten better since I snapped at her), the providers are snapping at me if I'm not doing every goddamn thing that needs to get done in the room. Honestly, it's as if they want to sit on a cloud and watch from afar the medical assistant do everything. DON'T COMPLAIN TO ME BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO WRITE HALF OF THE NOTE. IT'S YOUR FUCKING SIGNATURE THAT GOES AT THE END OF IT!!!! Jesus Christ these people are so needy. I'm very interested to see what I'm like on the other side of the coin.

Senior PA often says that I make a crappy medical assistant, but will make a good PA. I don't know how much she means that though. She most recently said this because one day she asked me to call in some medication and I never remembered to do it, but in all fairness I wasn't even working with her that day. I had my own things to do, had another provider to work for and then she just gives me some random job to do. God knows that she has plenty of instances where she doesn't have any work to do and could have called in the god damn medication herself. She sits in the back corner doing online surveys for 40 dollar checks, while I never have a moment to sit around and do nothing. God I can't wait to stop working for $10 an hour.

No comments: