Monday, May 04, 2009

I'm not THAT stupid

I checked out an apartment yesterday that I thought was too good to be true. Surprisingly, the place ended up looking just as it did in its online posting. I did not play it cool and made it quite obvious that I wanted the apartment badly. (TWENTY MINUTE COMMUTE TO SCHOOL!!!) But I did press upon him how good of a tenant I am: great reviews from past landlords, professional student, minimum year lease with probability of 26 months.

They sent me the Rent Application and I faxed it over today. They then told me that I would be getting lease papers tomorrow. horrah! But wait! There's a catch! He said I was going to be the sole signer on the lease. whaaaaaaaat?! Yeah that is definitely not happening.

I called him and long story short, I gave it to him. I told him how there is no way in hell I'm going to be held responsible for Roommate. I understand that it's in the landlord's best interest to only have one person to deal with legally, but ummmm I'm not retarded. I have to cover my own ass. He tried to act like proposing a multi-tenant lease as some unheard of idea. I then pointed out that every lease I've ever signed included every occupant, so this is not some novel idea of mine. He then changed his tune a little and said that maybe his lawyer could work something out. And by lawyer he probably meant Standard Multi-Tenant Lease from Google.

As I typed this I received an e-mail from Landlord saying that making up a multi-tenant lease was not going to be a problem and that I'll have the papers by mid-day tomorrow. DAMN RIGHT BIOTCH! I OWN AT LIFE!

Can you say shortest apartment search ever? God I amaze myself sometimes. I don't know which is more impressive, my job search last summer or this apartment search. I'm going to say this apartment search because the job pays so shitily, yet my job was the reason I got into school.

2 comments:

Nolan said...

i like this blog i read it daily

Gregory House, PA-C said...

thanks! it's nice to see someone reads it!