Tuesday, June 02, 2009

4 Days of Work, 40 Days Until Class

This is nuts I'm almost done with work for good. Since I started training people I can see huge changes in myself in terms of being capable. Everyone keeps reminding me of how unsure of myself I was when I first started. And now the new people have moments where they wonder how I'm so knowledgeable about the office. It's good assurance that in the future I'm going to be able to adapt even without good training. These new medical assistants are getting some real TLC from me, unlike how I was received when I started.

I'm starting to freak out about a little about moving. I'm moving to Too Big City. A city that I've lived near my whole life and am well acquainted with. I worked there for two summers and go in often enough with friends. I've never liked it. Too many people, too congested, too dirty, and even though it was good public transportation I still feel like it takes forever to get anywhere. But it's impossible to avoid the fact that this is where my school is. Technically, I'm not going to be living in TBC. I found a slightly more manageable city that has a super easy commute to school.

I'm going to be without my car for the first time in a few years. I'm truly converting into an urbanite. This scares me, because I don't know how living like an urbanite works. I'm a suburban boy damn it!! I don't know where I'm going to get my groceries, how I'll get them home, especially during the winter. Things like that. I also don't know my neighborhood that well. I'm going to have to do some real exploring when I first move in. God help me if it's not safe. When is move in? I have no idea. I need to figure that out.

Eep. Starting to freak out a little.

No comments: