Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Move In

Pick up 14' U-Haul at 8AM. I've been dreading driving this thing for weeks.

Start packing up my stuff at my family's home.

9AM call from unidentified person confirming my installation at 12PM. I assume this is the Cable company because they've called multiple times lately to confirm even though I cancelled my appointment. I say to the guy "I don't want Cable. I cancelled my Cable installation. I said the Cable companies name many times in the conversation."

An hour later I get a call from Satellite company confirming my cancellation. I go "Nooo. That guy never told me he was Satellite. He never corrected me when I kept calling him the Cable guy." So he confirmed my 4-8PM installation.

Satellite Installer calls back to confirm my 12PM appointment. "Noo. It's a 4-8PM appointment." He then asks 4-8PM on Sunday? NOOOO!!! 4-8PM TODAY (Saturday)!!!!! He says okay and that it would be around 5-6PM.

I get everything packed up. Drive the truck without issue. And get everything into the apartment.

When I got to the apartment I see a note from UPS saying they tried to deliver a package but no one was home to sign for it, and that's it's at their pick-up center. They were trying to deliver the modem I order to be sent to my GRANDPARENT'S ADDRESS. When I order internet I made this perfectly clear that I needed it sent to the grandparent's address. I spent an hour on the phone to get this shipping address corrected. I finally did, and they sent it to the wrong address anyway. FUCK MY LIFE.

The note says that it's going to be returned to the sender on the 29th. I call UPS and they said they already sent it back, even though it's 2 days early. Bastards.

I call Internet Provider and they apologize but I'm going to have to call Billing to get a new modem sent. Billing is only open on weekdays. Fuck my life again.

So 8PM rolls around. Satellite guy never shows up. I decided there is no way I'm staying at this apartment without internet or TV and go back to the grandparent's.

Today I call Satellite when I wake up. They say that the installer showed up at 4:15PM and no one was home. I'm 95% sure that I was at the apartment by them. But am willing to accept that I might not have been. So I ask why they didn't call my phone when they had been calling me all day. They claim that they did call and left a voicemail. Yeah, right. Because you know if I got a voicemail I would be calling with all these questions.

Blaaaaaah. Moving is so much fun. At least my apartment is looking good.

The End.

No comments: