Tuesday, July 17, 2007

And the waiting begins...

You'll notice (I hope) that there is now a check mark next to "application." I finally finalized my personal statement, which I no doubt put too much effort into and have submitted my application to the AACOMAS.

What's next? Well my application is now being processed by the AACOMAS and once they verify that the courses I inputed are correct they will calculate my official cumulative and science GPAs. They will then send out my application to the schools I designated and I then hopefully will receive secondary applications from those nine schools. They should have the primary within 3-6 weeks. Hopefully 3, since I'm still fairly early applying.

My advisor also told me that the pre-health committee has finally started writing my letter of recommendation. I'm hoping that they'll finish that before the AACOMAS finishes processing my application. They send those directly to the schools I'm applying to.

I'm a little nervous because in the status of my application it says that they haven't received my transcripts from
any of the schools I attended, even though I sent them out weeks ago. I'm going to assume for now that this isn't updated automatically and someone needs to physically verify that they have the transcripts from the right schools. I mean they didn't even know what schools I attended until I submitted this application.

My breathing is still calm. It's too early to start hyperventilating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds exhausting! The whole process of applying to a DO school seems very complicated! You totally lost me at "submitted my application".....

Anonymous said...

ehh, it's not too bad. just a couple extra steps from applying to college. send application to application service - send LOR to schools - fill out secondaries - interview.