Thursday, July 05, 2007

Growing Up

I saw my internist today; NOT my pediatrician. It's so nice not to be the oldest person in the waiting room.

I really need to start remembering to not piss before going for my physical. I got into the bathroom and what a surprise, nothing. Wait no, it wasn't a surprise at all.

I then had my first EKG ever. That was pretty neat. They said it was normal. I guess I'm suppose to be happy about that, but it wasn't much of a learning experience. BUT I did have a heart murmur, which means that I get to go in again Tuesday for an echocardiogram. (!!!!!) I'm not at all worried about that, but at least it's another procedure that I've never had before.

I had a total n00b moment though. When the desk woman told me I had to schedule an echocardiogram I said, "But I already had that today, an EKG" And she rightfully reminded me that an EKG is an electrocardiogram. OMG the embarrassment. How could I forget such a thing. I literally turned red I think.

In other news, I've corrected my personal statement. I'm sticking more or less with the second one. And I took out anything that made is sounded like I struggled in my classes. (My transcript will do I fine job showing that) I'm justing waiting for my advisor to read it over and give it the okay. That'll only take a month....

Hope everyone had a great 4th!
Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow --- you sound just like me in that going to the doctor is a bit diappointing unless you learn something new :)

Not to worry, I was thinking the same thing about the EKG and the echo. They both start with "e" and end with "cardiogram", so it's understandable.

Glad to hear that you're finished your personal statement, and thanks for taking my ideas into account!

Anonymous said...

Uh, may I ask a stupid question? Why were you in for an EKG to begin with? Did I miss something?

Anonymous said...

It was part of a routine physical. I'd never had one, so I guess they wanted one just to see what my heart is normally like for future reference.