Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Getting Hopes Up

You know this always, always, always happens to me. I'm getting my hopes up. After years of thinking that I wouldn't get in anywhere I'm starting to think that I might be able to get into my top choice school. It's not my top choice because of rank or anything, but because of location - about a 15 minute drive from my hometown, which is also the area I would like to do residency and live. Ugh.

My friend just told me that this guy from my college (and high school) got into said school with a 24 on the MCAT. Granted, I also think he had a considerably higher GPA than me, but hopefully the MCAT proves I'm capable. I also just realized that my personal statement makes me sound like I'm perfectly fitted for one of their customized curricula.

Just watch. The same thing that happened with every single one of my Organic Chem tests is going to happen. I'm going to get my hopes up and end up falling exactly where I would have predicted before the test.


In other news, I'm super excited about my upcoming senior year. My fall semester schedule is so clutch.

Monday: night class - Ireland: History/Politics
Tuesday: 9:30 - Bioethics; 11:00 Vertebrate Physiology
Wednesday: 2:00 - Vertebrate Physiology Lab (yay mice!)
Thursday: 11:00 - Vertebrate Physiology; night class - Human Nutrition
Friday: 9:30 - Bioethics

The one thing that obviously sucks is that I have only one class on Friday. And of course it's the morning after the biggest drinking night. And also it's my capping class... We'll see how that goes. But other than that my day normally doesn't start that early, and I have a TON of free day time. Plus, I'm super excited for every single one of my classes. (DORK!)

Oh, and also my apartment is fucking nassssssty. I'm so pumped to live there with only one roommate. (Who also happens to be one of my best friends at school and my roommate for the past 2.5 years) It's going to be sick.

You know, sometimes it's nice to get your hopes up. Because in the long run I think I would still feel like shit if I didn't get what I wanted, regardless of whether I thought I would or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, call me *old* because I get the "it's going to be sick" reference (although barely) but I have never heard the term "clutch" as in "my fall semester is so clutch".

Does it mean easy? Straight-forward? Or just no (or few) early mornings?

Anonymous said...

Being "clutch" is generally when someone succeeds in a tight situation, close call, etc. (e.g. hitting a walk off home-run; fancy maneuvering and avoiding a car crash) But it's a term that can be loosely used to express the awesomeness of something because it's related to someone preforming a "clutch" act.

So really, my fall semester is clutch because it's so overall amazing for a multitude of reasons, not any single one.