Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Reason #1 Why I Need a Boyfriend

If waking up was a job, it would be one I would never apply for.

I generally set my alarm for 1 hour before needing to be at work. I hit the snooze button on my alarm every 5 minutes for the 30 minute max it allows. I then shower and dress in 15 minutes and leave for work. Fortunately I work 10-15 minutes away, so generally everything goes according to plan.

Today I had to be at work at 9:30AM. My alarm was set for 8:00AM. I told myself that I would keep it set at 8:00AM to allow myself some extra time to trim the facial hair. So I went through the motions on hitting the snooze button for a half hour, and at 8:30 I was almost ready to get out of bed. I told myself I still really had an hour until needing to be at work and that I would get out of bed soon.

1.5 hours later I found myself cursing at myself for falling asleep and then proceeded to call work to ensure to them that I was indeed coming in to work. Just 45 minutes late...

All things considered this is actually I huge accomplishment for me. In college I was notorious for being late for my first class of the day and it wasn't rare for me to sleep through them. I just have terrible sleeping habits and unfortunately as much I wish I could change my brain just doesn't work like that in the morning.

This is why I need a boyfriend. Someone to sleep next to me and kick me out of bed when I need to wake up. I know this makes me sound like I'm 5 years old, but I'm really not the same person when I'm all comfy in bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, it might have the opposite effect...then what? i mean, all comfy and cozy in bed, who would want to get out? Sounds good to me...

Anonymous said...

i agree with tracy. i find that whenever my boyfriend is sleeping next to me, i am so much more reluctant to get out of bed...especially when he's holding me and it's warm, and it's cold outside....

Anonymous said...

which is precisely why there will be a rigorous matching process.