Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Graduate College
Become a full-time worker, with benefits
Become an EMT
Join multiple dating websites

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't remember if I made an resolutions. This year I've already started my resolution to force myself to try to meet people by joining a dating website, 3 months prepaid.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My best friend in the whole world, my puppy/baby Trevor.

5. What countries did you visit?
No foreign countries, even though California was pretty different.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A relationship, admission to a graduate school.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

May 11th, the day Trev-trev died. Consequently, I'll remember it secondarily as my college graduation.

I also keep remembering Sept 16 as the day I started work.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating college.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not being able to save puppy. God, he just ran this year didn't he. Tears stay back!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No real illnesses or injury. Although this was the first time in a long long time I wasn't sick in the middle of Decemeber, coincidentally it's also the first time in a long long time I didn't have major exams in December.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iMac.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My college friends who got me through the long haul in my last semester.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My college adviser for showing such blatant favoritism toward his female advisees, and over looking me over at alumni weekend when I was standing right next to my female friends who he readily acknowledged.

14. Where did most of your money go?
California trip - totally worth it.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

NEW YEARS EVE: DECEMEBER 31, 2008!!!! I'm SO EXCITED FOR TONIGHT'S FESTIVITIES!!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Disturbia, Womanizer and Low. Basically because these were the songs that I always went around singing and people clearly connect me to these songs. Singing at work.. singing while dissecting... Although, I'll probably forget what year they came out.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Much happier, because work is so much better than school.
b) Probably about the same weight.
c) Richer, although it's debatable.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Go to the gym.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Stressing

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

It was spent with family and friends the same way it has always been spent.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nope.

22. How many one-night stands?

Zero. Le sigh, it would probably do me good.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Battlestar Galactica

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

My former college adviser. I might have been close to hating him last year.

25. What was the best book you read?

Freakonomics

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

DISTURBIAAAAAA

27. What did you want and get?

An iMac.

28. What did you want and not get?

LOST on DVD. Seriously, it was the only thing I consistently told people I wanted for Christmas and it's like the easiest thing to get too.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Batman: The Dark Knight

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was in Vermont with friends. I turned 22. But people still consistently guessed my age as being much older.


31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My dog being healthy.


32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
A continually step away from things like American Eagle, Abercrombie and anything like it. I totally succeeded.

33. What kept you sane?

Generally I'm the one keeping other people sane. I really am the only thing that keeps myself sane.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I don't like celebrities.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop 8.


36. Who did you miss?
Someone that I missed for the entirety of 2008? I don't think there was anyone. Must I really keep saying how much I miss my damn dog? I think you get the point.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
My friends from EMT class and work.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I'm not sure if I really just learned this this year, but I finally took my own advice. I stopped trying to plan a million steps into the future and started just "throwing shit against the wall and to see what sticks." I became a lot less stressed because of this.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I don't know have any relevant lyrics. I just god around screaming DISTURBIA!!!!

This Meme was stolen from Dr. K

No comments: