Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Shopping Tip About Sizing

I realize that buying clothes for someone else can be a difficult task, especially when the person is no where close to your size. Let me share with you this piece of advice from a 6'4'' person: just because we are tall, does not mean we're fat. Go with a LARGE size when picking out shirts if the person is tall and average weight. And by average I mean not overweight. This needs clarifying since "overweight" is becoming "average." Every Christmas my family Kris Kringle gets me a shirt/sweater that is XL, and every year I add another shirt/sweater that doesn't fit me. This year not only was my shirt an XL, but it was also a Tall XL. I kid you not when I say this shirt fit me (reminder: 6'4'') like a girl's sweater dress. Let it also be said that I loved both of the shirts I got, if only they fit me correctly. I didn't get a gift receipt with them, and one doesn't even have any tags on it, so the chances of me returning/exchange are slim.

No comments: