Thursday, July 31, 2008

You Can't Have It Both Ways

On the O'Reilly Factor I had the displeasure of learning of the existence of a woman named Laura Ingrham. The topic of discussion was on the Bejing Olympics, but she had to make her views on gays kissing on TV known, which was the topic of the segment before her. She was saying how disgusted she is with this song "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry. (awesome song) Specifically, she was outraged of some peck on the lips Whoopi Goldberg gave Katy Perry, during with award show. It was literally less intimate than how I kiss my grandmother. So fine, she's outraged about the gays taking over the air waves.

They move on to the main topic of Bejing, and more particularly how China is going to restrict internet access. The Chinese government is evidently not going allow guests to access certain websites, mainly pertaining to Tibet. Oh, how outraged she was that China would dare block access to these sites. You can't pretend that these people don't exist in Tibet. THEY MUST BE HEARD!

Ahem... Excuse me, but you were just saying before that there should be no homosexual acts allowed to be aired on TV, regardless of whether they're in jest or not. So I guess we should only censor the TV and internet as long as you're cool with it. Hey Laura, I guess you didn't catch this week's episode of Weeds. You know, where Silas is preforming full on cunnilingus on a significantly older woman. Granted it's Showtime, so they can get away with that more. But in this day and age Showtime is accessible to many a 12 year old.

I guess she's okay with minors hooking up with older women. Trust me honey, it's never happening for you. My gaydar tells me Silas (Hunter Parrish) is on my team. Sucks to be you. Stick to Army Wives. They probably get as much action as you do, minus when their husbands come home.

No comments: