Friday, April 03, 2009

Not the Only One

Tonight I went to the Cheesecake Factory for the first time ever with two of my guy friends. Man, they have one of the largest menus I've ever seen. I hear they're going out of business, which is too bad because I had a really great meal. I don't think I've ever had such a pretty and equally delicious meal.

As we entered my friend commented on how this place was a huge first date clich and sure enough we had the theme of the night!

About halfway through our meal two young guys sat down next to us. Generally I always assume guys are straight because of the statistics. But I heard just a hint of the stereotypical gay voice, so I listened in. Sure enough they were on a first date! Horrah! An amazing opportunity to see what first dates are like for other gay guys.

The topics touched on were family, religion, tv, friends, ghosts. One guy talked more than the other, and one seemed way more into the date than the other. Overall a fairly good reenactment of my latest date. So it was somewhat comforting that I was basically doing what other guys are doing on their first dates. Unfortunately, the guy talking too much reminded me a little too much of myself. AKA the driving force of the conversation and we all know how well that turned out. Is that a rule? That the if one guys is talking too much then it's official that he's way more into the other guy, and it's not going to work out.

Anyway, I was way into the guy who wasn't feeling the other guy. I really wanted to make some kind of move, which is totally out of the norm for me. I think it was because this guy was TOTALLY not the stereotype, and was TOTALLY cute. I don't think I would have ever hit on that guy since my gaydar probably isn't that strong. I didn't have the balls to blow up the other guys spot though. So I left Cheesecake Factory, cheesecake in hand, wondering how the hell I was ever going to meet someone. Womp Womp. I then put a posting on Craigslist's Missed Connections for the .00001% change that guy will read it and get in contact with me.

I don't plan on making a real solid effort at dating until I move, because I think I've exhausted all the resources in my current situation and I know there are many more options in the neighborhood I'm moving into. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

mstpbound said...

this is such a cute post. but i don't think just b/c a guy talks a lot means they are into the other person a lot? when i go on a date, sometimes it is SO awkward I just talk to fill up the space....but in the mean time, i'm already making plans for an exit strategy...