Monday, July 13, 2009

Advice

Question:
I expect to be applying through CASPA next year. I was wondering' which school you're going to and why did you select it? You could help me narrow down my choices...


Sorry but I try to keep my identity anonymous, so I don't tell people where I go to school.

I wouldn't be the one to help you narrow down your choices anyway. I applied to 18 schools. My criteria for school was that it didn't require the GRE, was in a city I wouldn't hate, and I fulfilled the prereq's. Oh, I also didn't bother applying to any schools not on CASPA simply because I was too lazy. My top schools were all somewhat around my hometown, or a city that I really wanted to move to (Boston). I didn't look into things like rotation sites, curriculums, etc. I did check out the schools' PANCE pass rates, but those are generally high at every school (90+%). I was all about giving myself the greatest possible chance of getting into school. Compared to the cost of attending PA school, the application fee is nothing.

As for why I chose my school. I chose it cause it was the only 1 I got into. Lucky for me it happened to be one of those top choice schools. I got very, very lucky and plan on asking the admissions committee what it was about my application that got me in. (it wasn't the grades)

No comments: