Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yay PA School

School is going very well. Tomorrow is our Physiology midterm and I'm feeling good. My mentality is that I just need to pass, and that's what the faculty keep telling us. They tell us to study to learn, not study to get A's. I'm doing just that. I feel very comfortable with the majority of the material and definitely good enough to get that B. I kind of like knowing that I don't need to know everything. I know enough to pass and that takes stress away, which I think helps me learn more in the long run.

The reason the faculty says "just pass" is because they never get asked what our grades were by employers. They care more about if we bitch and moan, work well with others, act professionally and if we passed. This is a huge difference from med school, which I didn't realize until now. In med school your grades still matter so much, especially for residency. I couldn't imagine needing to care about grades anymore. I'm sick of caring about grades and looking forward to more applications.

It's nice to know that the specialty I want won't be determined by grades, but more by my reputation and job opening. Screw you medschool!

1 comment:

Morning Rounds said...

Yea it is nice not having to worry about grades as much. Dont get me wrong they are still important to get through PA school. But all A's wont necessarily make you a good PA. - Im glad you are keeping the positive attitude up. It will come in handy when things really start to get rough! Keep it up! Good luck on the test!