Saturday, July 04, 2009

Classic Convo

[Watching Fox News about Palin's resignation]

Me: (After listening to grandma defending Palin on and on and on..) I'm just going to throw this out - I don't like her.
Grandma: How can you say that?! You don't even know her! I love her!
Me: I know her just as well as you do and we come to two different conclusions.
Grandma: (jokingly) I think you're just a liberal!
Me: Yes, I'm a big liberal that refuses to shave.
[I do in fact refuse to shave because regardless of what my grandparents think, facial hair is not some hippie protest and is actually my attempt to look hot. I've got the Grey's Anatomy scruff going on for the past 5 years. They skill haven't accepted this.]

This side of the family might as well be Evangelicals. Fox News is basically the only channel they watch. They'll watch CNN late at night. But they basically consider everyone outside of Fox News big liberals.

I personally think the liberals and conservatives have run away with what the original Democrats and Republicans stood for. I consider myself Republican and NOT conservative. There is a difference between the two, but the line has been greatly fogged.

No comments: