Wednesday, February 11, 2009

13

After 3 e-mails and 1 phone call I finally got my Wait List School to tell me how the wait list works. I'm placed 13 out of 50 people. The class holds 50 in total with an additional 50 on the wait list. I am not feeling too optimistic about this school since it means over 1/5 of the accepted candidates have to reject their acceptance. My mom on the other hand seems to think this is a very good standing. I may have mentioned before that my mom recently did a Clinical Psychology PhD program and is currently in her Internship year. She said that at her program their total class size was 40 and had a 40 person wait list size and that they took many people off it. The fact that a program has a wait list that's as large as its class size is suppose to make me feel better. We'll see. 13 also happen to be my lucky number, which may sound like a weird number to be considered lucky, but it make sense.

On the other hand I feel a little more hopefully about the other program I interviewed at. I know that that program is considered a safety school for a lot of people. So even if I ranked as well on their Wait List as I did at the other school, than I think I have a pretty good chance.

Waiting is SO MUCH FUN AND SO GOOD FOR YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE!

No comments: