Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Numbers

I've been regressing lately. I use to tell myself I was going to let life be and not worry about things out of my control. Tonight I went crazy reading about wait lists and how many classes sizes were made of people from the wait list. This gave me hope because I saw good numbers. One schools had 50% of their class made from the wait list and another was made by 37%. I'm in the top 25%, so thing were looking okay.

Then I decided to see if the accepted students started a Facebook group. They did and I was able to see the whole thing. There are 31 members. That means AT LEAST 31 seats of 50 are filled, 62% of the class. If that number goes past 37, then that means people on the wait list ahead of me MUST reject their acceptance in order for me to get in.

There is a very good chance that there are accepted people who did not join the Facebook group. I feel like shit. I wish I didn't do this kind of stuff to myself.

[Edit:] Okay I'm a major stalker. This is already know. The internet makes to too easy. One person in the group said they "just found out" this past Monday that they were in. That is exactly 2 weeks from the initial acceptances. Generally accepted candidates are given two weeks to send in deposits. This leads me to believe that this person was chosen off the wait list. The idea that they're already taking people from the wait list is the only thing that will allow me to sleep from now until February 23-24, when I calculate the next round of wait list acceptances to be sent out.

I should be a private internet investigator.

No comments: