Friday, February 27, 2009

:-(

You know what sucks more than seeing every patient at least 40 minutes behind schedule because your boss shows up 30 minutes late to back to back surgeries that are also the first patients of the day?

Coming home to find out that your grandmother died. (Not the one I live with)

You know what's even worse? Realizing that the last thing you said to your grandmother was "Hopefully the next time I see you it'll be under better circumstances." Geez.

It wasn't that unexpected. She had very limited mobility ever since I was born, and it only got worse over the years. Her life was mainly consisting of moving between her bed and her chair for tv watching. Her family did visit her very often and luckily she did go to the family ski house with the majority of the family last Christmas break.

I'm glad she got to see so many of her grandchildren make it to college and her eldest get into grad school. Too bad I never got to see after she heard I got into school. It would have been nice to tell her what I was going to be doing and let her see how excited I am.

I hope you're at peace, G ma.
<3 numero uno.

No comments: