Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Seconds

The theme of this week was "Second Experiences." I had my second (and final) P.A. interview interview and I also went on my second on-line inspired first date.

The interview went well like they usually do. They seemed to like my answers to a lot of things, made them laugh, etc. But I'm also 100% sure that this was a courtesy interview, so I have low hopes.

On Sunday I went on a date with someone I "matched" with online. We did the brunch thing. I had a good time, but felt that the conversation was being fueled mainly by my asking questions. He answered questions and kept up an okay conversation. We then proceeded to just walk around after cause it was nice outside, so I guess it's a good sign that he didn't run away from me. Long story short, two days later I send the e-mail saying I had a good time and would like to go out again, and I got the "I don't see thing turning into a relationship" letter. Womp womp.

I kind of wish dating was like applying to schools where you can ask "What did I do wrong, how can I improve, etc." Because we did have a good e-mail correspondence. He did ask questions then, and kept a conversation. But then the at the brunch I felt like I was doing all the work. Where was his attempt to get to know me. Maybe he did try, and I just don't realize it. I'm almost tempted to ask what went wrong? But I feel that's pointless. Maybe it was the fact that I live kind of far away from him, maybe it's cause I'm not at the right professional point in my life, maybe it's because I live with my grandparents, maybe it's my looks. It could be a combination of things, but most of them he knew before hand. So I'm at a loss. In the end I'm not going to ask anything like that because it really doesn't matter. It's not like I can change any of those things right now.

As is life. But I have to say this all kind of reminds me of how I don't get why I'm still the most stable person of all my friends. I feel like I should be having a mental break down, but I'm not. Yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Wannabe...that kinda really sucks. Wish things were going better...X2.
Be well, no break downs...that's my department...hee, hee...!