Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Class Etiquette

People in class like to get into groups and split up lecture topics to write study guides for. Someone people freely hand out their study guides to whomever wants them, regardless of getting something back. Others don't like people leeching off their work unless they're getting something in return. If you work in a study group don't hand out the notes that you receive from other people in the group. It just creates tension within the group.

I personally don't take part in any of these groups. I don't like being on a deadline and being held to other people's crazy studying standards. I've never even look at the Course Objectives, let alone create a comprehensive study guide for them. I also NEVER ask for study guides from people and rarely accept them when offered. There are a couple of times when I accept them because I'll offend someone if I don't. I rarely use these guides since 1. I don't trust most people in my class, 2. They are so overly in depth that I find them impractical.

I like that I still have a little House left in me.

No comments: